To register now for upcoming batches, click the link below.
For inquires please contact +91- 8054197300
UPSC- NDA/ NA WRITTEN EXAMINATION COACHING
The Minerva Academy offers coaching for the UPSC NDA/NA written examinations. The faculty at Minerva is highly qualified and vastly experienced in successfully coaching students for NDA examinations. The standards of excellence followed by Minerva ensure that each student who opts for coaching with us feels confident and well prepared for the exam. Not only do we cover the entire syllabus subject by subject as per UPSC, we also prepare our students with mock tests, previous year question papers and doubt clearing sessions which are conducted each week to monitor each student’s progress. Mock test/ weekly test results are also discussed to pin point where the student may be lacking. This ensures that the students know what to expect in the examination, how to approach the examination, manage time efficiently and get the best possible results. Experienced and updated faculty teaches students how to handle the NDA examination specifically; they focus on the format and type of questions likely to be asked in the exam. Students can learn many formulae and shortcuts to get quick and accurate answers while attempting the examination. Apart from this, we provide extensively researched study material which helps students to easily access, organise and systematically approach the vast syllabus.
WHY CHOOSE MINERVA ACADEMY FOR NDA WRITTEN EXAM COACHING:
- Minerva Academy is India Oldest and Largest Armed forces Preparatory Institute: Established in 1955 by Lt. Col Deol, Minerva Academy has over 60 years of experience in successfully coaching candidates to be commissioned into the armed forces.
- Every fourth officer in the Indian Armed forces has been a student of Minerva Academy.
- Infrastructure: The Minerva Academy campus provides unmatched infrastructure, spread over 10 acres in lush green, pollution free, SSB like environment with on campus hostel and mess. Our classrooms for written coaching are air conditioned and well supported by modern Audio Visual technological aids and 24 hrs power back.
- Faculty: The highly qualified, experienced and updated faculty for NDA written coaching provides students with the right guidance to get best results in the exam. Students are coached by permanent faculty members not part-time teachers (working on per class basis) as in many other institutes.
- Fully equipped library: Only Minerva academy offers the facility of a fully equipped library offering 1000+ relevant and important books pertaining to the syllabus of the examination and competitive exam preparation. Students can issue these books for self study, revision, practice etc.
- Study Room/ Reading Room: On campus study/ reading rooms are available to provide students with quiet and peaceful environment, perfect for self study and preparations. These rooms are open daily till late hours.
- Motivational lectures and movies: Minerva Academy specializes in motivating the youth towards serving our great nation. Students interact with candidates from all over the country working towards a common goal. Motivational lectures and movies shown, leave the students inspired to do something for the country and become better human beings.
- Discipline & Time Management: Minerva Academy is a Defence preparatory institute with strict rules that all students must abide by. All students are expected to follow the Honour Code and Discipline Code of Conduct of Minerva Academy, failing which they may be expelled without refunds. These guidelines enforced by the academy inculcate good values and discipline in the students. Students also learn the importance and benefits of proper time management. Sundays and other holidays are not observed to maintain continuity and to ensure students can focus on upcoming exam without distractions.
- Physical Fitness: Only Minerva Academy offers a fully equipped Football ground, Basketball court, Volley ball court, Cricket field and badminton court along with dedicated Obstacle course and vast open grounds to encourage physical fitness among candidates as endurance and stamina are a pre-requisite for SSB which is the next step after the exam.
- Only Minerva Academy runs Year Round Batches for NDA written exam unlike other institutes that only open for the few month before the examination
- Exam specific coaching: Since exam pattern vary for each examination, Minerva Academy offers exam specific coaching for NDA, CDS, AFCAT etc.
TERM DATES & DURATION:
The comprehensive 6 week course covers all aspects and entire syllabus of the examination. The course is divided into 6 independent modules and a new module begins every Monday. Therefore, students must report for admission on Sunday for term starting on Monday morning. Admission takes place on arrival. Academy admissions office is open 24 hours a day. Seats are limited and available on first come first served basis.
COMPREHENSIVE 6 WEEKS COURSE:
The duration of each term is 6 Weeks. Six week course includes
- Exhaustive Classroom preparation: With 150+ classroom sessions and 300+ study hours covering all aspects and entire syllabus of the examination as prescribed by the UPSC.
- Comprehensive Study Material: With 11+ books covering the various subjects, Question banks and practice sets of each subject, ready reference notes for important topics, all extensively researched and prepared after analysis of previous years’ exam patterns.
- Revision and Doubt clearing: 100+ worksheets and practice sets help students’ asses their own progress. Previous years question papers are also covered. Doubt clearing sessions are held to answer all queries of students.
- Testing: Weekly practice tests of each subject to prepare students for upcoming competition and provide them with vital self assessment tools. Mock tests are also held to prepare the student for NDA exam.
- Extensive coverage of current affairs: Special weekly updates on defence related news, and latest developments, events and people in news. General Knowledge is taken up thoroughly.
- Subjects covered: in the NDA written exam coaching include English, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, Polity, Economics, Biodiversity etc.
DAILY TIMINGS: Classes are held from Monday to Saturday from 8 AM to 5 PM (with breaks for morning and afternoon tea and lunch)
Sunday is reserved for mock tests and weekly tests, extra classes and doubt clearing sessions.
WHY COACHING IS A MUST FOR NDA/NA WRITTEN EXAMINATION:
In order to prepare oneself for a competitive exam like NDA, coaching is a must to get the edge above others. In today’s competitive exams like NDA, COACHING IS A MUST BECAUSE:
- More than 3,00,000 students sit for this exam and the number is increasing drastically year by year. Hence making the exam more and more competitive and one mark difference could mean selection or rejection of the candidate. There are anywhere between 300- 400 seats, so students who are serious, must get the edge above others for which coaching is a must.
- Students can take advantage of the vast experience of subject and examination expert faculty.
- Examination specific and comprehensive study material of notes, practice sets, assignments and worksheets provides the right material for preparation.
- Any concept doubts can be cleared right away, thus students can build strong fundamentals.
- Meeting other candidates who are sitting for the same exam can be a great motivator. Students can exchange knowledge and also have an idea of their competition.
- Regular mock tests ensure students are mentally prepared for exam day and know exactly how to approach the exam and what to expect.
- Students are able to discipline themselves, develop good concentration and form a study habit, which is not easy to do with self study.
6 WEEKS COMPREHENSIVE COURSE FEES & CHARGES W.E.F. 13th November, 2016
Admission Fee- Rs. 10000/-
NDA Tuition fee 6 week comprehensive course- Rs. 11500/-
Hostel Fee 6 weeks- Rs. 6000/-
Mess Fee 6 weeks- Rs. 12600/-
Security (refundable)*- Rs. 500/-
Total: Rs. 40600/-
Minerva Academy believes that monetary constraints should not be an obstacle for a student to have access to quality training and entry to Armed Forces.
First time in Country, Minerva Academy extends scholarship to future officers of Armed Forces on following parameters:
Scholarship for NDA Written Exam Coaching:-
On the basis of percentage in 10+2 Examination: If a candidate is having percentage of 90% and above in 10+2 examination in science stream (PCM) from any recognized board, he will be entitled for full exemption in Tuition Fees(Rs. 11500/-).
Since we have limited seats for scholarship, they will be given on first come first served basis.
Terms and Conditions
- Grant of Scholarship is subject to prevalence of Scholarship Scheme at the time of receipt of application and is further subject to verification and authentication of the information, certificates and other documents as required by the Academy.
- Scholarship will be awarded to the candidate only after the verification of original documents. In case candidate is not able to provide the documents at the time of admission then Scholarship will be deemed as cancelled.
- In case, an applicant is eligible for Scholarship Scheme as well as for any other monetary benefit under any other scheme or policy of academy, then he / she has to opt for only one scheme of his/her choice.
- A candidate being admitted under any other Govt. Scholarship on Full Tuition Fee waiver can either avail Scholarship offered by Govt. agency or Scholarship offered by the Academy.
- If at any stage, it is found that an applicant has concealed, suppressed, distorted any information/fact(s) which would have rendered him ineligible for admission and/or ineligible for benefit of Fee/Scholarship then the admission and/or benefit of Fee/Scholarship will stand cancelled and action will be taken as per law of the land.
- In case of any matter not covered here and for interpretation of any content of this Policy, the decision of the competent authority of the Academy shall be final and binding on all concerned.
WHEN TO JOIN:
Since Minerva Academy runs year round batches for NDA examinations, students should take coaching as soon as they are able to spare time from their daily routines. It is advised to take coaching few months before the exam to ensure enough time is left for practice, revision and self study. Seats are limited and available on first come first served basis.
WHAT TO BRING?
For Class: Students are not required to bring any books. All study material is issued to the students upon admission. Students must bring personal registers or note books and stationary like pens, pencils etc. to take notes during class.
For Hostels: Lockers are provided for valuables. Beds and mattresses are provided, but students should bring their own bedding i.e. bed sheets (2 Nos.) and Pillow (with pillow covers). For winter months students should bring thick blankets and razai.
Personal items: Students are expected to dress smartly for class, please bring personal clothing accordingly. Students should carry all personal toiletries. Sports shoes are a must. Please avoid bringing expensive personal items or cash. Even though lockers are provided, students are responsible for their own personal belongings.
CRASH COURSES: We offer crash courses close to exam dates. Please call us for crash course term dates.
Coaching should be taken from an Academy of repute. Students would be well advised to check the credentials of the Academy before joining as there are many operators in the market out to make a quick buck.
Candidates who want to take up coaching are advised to first check from references or visit any institute they may be considering and then make their final decisions. Candidates should not to be convinced by clever advertisements and misleading photos published on pamphlets and websites.
WHAT IS NDA?
The National Defence Academy (NDA) is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of the three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force train together before they go on to pre-commissioning training in their respective service academies. The NDA is located in Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra. It is the first tri-service academy in the world.
NDA alumni have led and fought in every major conflict in which the Indian Armed Forces has been called to action since the academy was established. The alumni include 3 Param Vir Chakra recipients and 9 Ashoka Chakra recipients.
NDA or National Defence Academy is a national institute for training selected young men for officer level entry into the Armed forces of India. NDA is located at Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra. It is a training facility for the leaders of tomorrow who will be respected and followed. It is not just an institution but a way of life. NDA transforms a hesitant young cadet into an honourable, physically and mentally competent and polished man who is prepared for any kind of adversity that might face him; an officer and a gentleman.
The training at NDA is rigorous. In addition to service training for the army, navy and air force, the cadets are also taught academics to cover the graduation level degree in Arts, Sciences or Computers. The training at NDA is broken into six terms and the total duration of training is three years. Once their training is concluded, the cadets are awarded their bachelor’s degree at the passing out parade of NDA. Thereafter the cadets go to their respective service institutes i.e. the Indian Military Academy or IMA for army cadets, Air Force Academy Hyderabad for Air force cadets and Naval Academy Cochin for Naval Cadets.
To know more about NDA, please view this link, http://nda.nic.in/
HOW TO APPLY FOR NDA
NDA and NA written entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Notification for the exam appears in all major national dailies in the month of Dec/Jan for the April exam and in the months of May/June for the September exam. The exam is held in the months of April and September. Candidates must apply to sit for the examination, online on the UPSC website after notification is released by UPSC.
Tentative Vacancies Per Course
300 (Twice a year) or As notified from time to time
Army - 195
Air Force - 66
Navy - 39
Notification in Employment News/ leading daily news Paper/ UPSC website
Jun and Dec as Notified by UPSC
Between 16 ½ to 19 ½ yrs as of first day of the month in which course is due to commence.
12th Class of 10+2 System of Education. Maths and Physics are compulsory for Air force and Navy. Commerce and Arts students can apply for army.
Male candidates only. Women cannot apply for NDA.
Likely SSB Date
Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr
Date Commencement of Training
Jan and Jul
NDA , Khadakwasla, Pune
Duration of Training
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at IMA(For Army cadets)/
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at Naval Academy( for Naval cadets)/
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 & ½ Yrs at AFA Hyderabad (For AF cadets)
NDA EXAM PATTERN
NDA written exam is comprised of two tests. Duration of each test is two and a half hours and both are conducted on the same day, consecutively. Examination is set by the UPSC.
General Ability Test
SYLLABUS FOR NDA EXAMINATION
MATHEMATICS (Maximum Marks 300):
Algebra: Concept of a set, operations on sets, Venn diagrams. De Morgan laws. Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation. Representation of real numbers on a line. Complex numbers - basic properties, modulus, argument, cube roots of unity. Binary system of numbers. Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa. Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions. Quadratic equations with real coefficients. Solution of linear inequations of two variables by graphs. Permutation and Combination. Binomial theorem and its application. Logarithms and their applications.
Matrices and Determinants: Types of matrices, operations on matrices Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinant. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix, Applications - Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer's rule and by Matrix Method.
Trigonometry: Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians. Trigonometrical ratios. Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae. Multiple and Sub-multiple angles. Inverse trigonometric functions. Applications - Height and distance, properties of triangles.
Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions: Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Distance formula. Equation of a line in various forms. Angle between two lines. Distance of a point from a line. Equation of a circle in standard and in general form. Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola. Eccentricity and axis of a conic. Point in a three dimensional space, distance between two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation of a plane and a line in various forms. Angle between two lines and angle between two planes. Equation of a sphere.
Differential Calculus: Concept of a real valued function - domain, range and graph of a function. Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions. Notion of limit, Standard limits - examples. Continuity of functions - examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions. Derivative of a function at a point, geometrical and physical interpreatation of a derivative - applications. Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect of another function, derivative of a composite function. Second order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions. Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima.
Integral Calculus and Differential equations: Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions. Evaluation of definite integrals - determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves - applications. Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples. General and particular solution of a differential equation, solution of first order and first degree differential equations of various types - examples. Application in problems of growth and decay.
Vector Algebra: Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector. Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of vector, scalar product or dot product of two-vectors. Vector product and cross product of two vectors. Applications-work done by a force and moment of a force, and in geometrical problems.
Statistics and Probability: Statistics: Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution - examples Graphical representation - Histogram, Pie Chart, Frequency Polygon - examples. Measures of Central tendency - mean, median and mode. Variance and standard deviation - determination and comparison. Correlation and regression.
Probability :Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events. Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events. Definition of probability - classical and statistical - examples. Elementary theorems on probability - simple problems. Conditional probability, Bayes' theorem - simple problems. Random variable as function on a sample space. Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
GENERAL ABILITY TEST
Part ‘A’ - ENGLISH (Maximum Marks 200): The question paper in English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like: Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Part ‘B’ - GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (Maximum Marks 400):The question paper will consist of current affairs questions, questions from science, history, geography and polity. The NDA written exam syllabus includes subjects like History, Polity, Economics, Maths, Geography, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Current Affairs, GK, English etc.
For viewing the detailed syllabus for general ability paper, please click the link.
RESULTS OF NDA EXAMINATION
UPSC declares the result of NDA written exam in 3-4 months after the written exam. The same can be viewed on the UPSC website. Being a competitive exam and there is no fixed cut off percentage for passing. Candidates who perform better are sent the call letters for SSB interviews. The final merit list is prepared after the SSB interviews final result and displayed on the UPSC website. Joining instructions are sent to students based on vacancies available as per the merit list.